Chepstow Big Lunch
Sunday, 18th June 2017 @ 12.00pm – 3.00pm
The Big Lunch is an event organised annually across the whole of the UK where people have lunch with their neighbours in a simple act of community, friendship and fun.
We are organising Chepstow’s own Big Picnic at Chepstow Castle to celebrate 950 years of our town. Transition Chepstow is also celebrating 10 years of activity!
Bring your own picnic and enjoy live music from local choirs and bands, free children’s activities and a showcase of local community groups!
Help us make The Big Lunch a great fun day for people in Chepstow! Join us at our Big Lunch meeting on Thursday 18th May 2017 at 7.30pm, in the room above the bar at Greenman Backpackers in Chepstow!
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tim at 07971 566936.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I come in for free? Yes – we will only ask you to show that you are local by bringing an invitation from the 950 celebration programme. It will be sent to thousands of households in the area! Chepstow residents can also use a 3-year Cadw pass they can receive for free from the Town Council using a photo ID.
What if it rains? We are covered! There will be a canopy in the Castle that can cover around 350 people and we will have 22 gazebos from Town Council for community group stalls and activities.
Can I bring a disposable barbecue? No barbecues or cooking allowed on site. Please bring a picnic that is ready prepared. You can also bring chairs, blankets and decoration!
10 ways to help Chepstow have the best Big Lunch
Wondering how you could contribute and be part of the team bringing Big Lunch to life?
Here are some ways you could help:
1. Invite your community group to join the celebration and show what you do
2. Invite music performers
3. Welcome and coordinate musicians on the day
4. Set up an activity (such as a treasure hunt, face-painting, storytelling)
5. Offer to greet people at the entrance for 30 minutes
6. Help set up gazebos to offer cover in case of rain
7. Safeguard health&safety during the event
8. Help pack away and clean up after the event
9. Bring a picnic and join in!
10. And finally, don’t forget to invite your friends, family and neighbours!
Any amount of help would be very welcome, don’t hesitate to give us a call or a message at 07971 566936 or email@example.com. Thank you!